community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: comdev VMs need consolidation
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 02:37:56 GMT
On 1/3/19 3:31 AM, Chris Lambertus wrote:

> Hi Comdev folks,
>
> comdev currently has three VMs :
>
> projects-vm2 (projects, reporter)
> comdev-vm (helpwanted)
> community-vm (community.zones)
>
> This is way beyond what we normally provide projects, and they are taking up precious
resources in our most impacted colos. These need to be consolidated down to a single VM. I’d
like to work with someone on comdev to migrate everything over to the new(ish) projects-vm2
box. Who is willing to help me with this?

Alternately, and this is just my thinking, since ComDev lives through
services and VMs more than traditional code projects, it might help if
we get a dedicated budget from the board for this, even if it's just a
tiny $600/year one (an example that would cover the hardware for the
above-mentioned three VMs). Some consolidation could still happen, but
it would separate things from infra's own resource pool a bit.

WDYT?

With regards,
Daniel.