community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] ComDev Event Participation for 2019
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 20:17:41 GMT
Personally, for North America (where I hail from ;-)) I've always
consider the following to be a pretty solid (if not must attend) set
of events:
    * SCALE
    * LinuxFest NorthWest
    * OSCON
    * ApacheCON NA
    * All Things Open

Thanks,
Roman.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:16 AM Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Last year we had an extremely busy year and participated at lots and lots of events.
As well as ApacheCon we also held an EU Roadshow and had representation at around 15 other
events. While it was good to be busy, last minute planning can cause stress so this year we
would like to be a bit more prepared.

> Identifying the events that we’d like to participate in now, means that we will have
time to plan and prepare for the event in relation to the availability of volunteers as well
as stickers and giveways. It also gives us some visibility and control of how much we might
potentially spend as part of our participation.

> For 2019 we already are planning a couple of ApacheCons (EU and NA) and also a couple
of Roadshows (DC and Chicago) so are definitely going to have some form of participation at
those!

> Where I’d like to start a discussion is about which events people think that are the
most important for us to have a presence at for 2019 so we can add it to our list of events
for this year.

> In a couple of weeks we are going to be at CHAOSSCon and FOSDEM so technically those
two are already on the list.:-)