community-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed process for recognizing *Non-Technical* Contributions
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:52:19 GMT
Hi Sally,

> On Jan 10, 2019, at 12:53 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

Great writeup and I can wholeheartedly agree with everything except this:

> 3) All project/committee participants are encouraged to sign an ASF ICLA in order to
have their contributions recognized.

With my Secretary hat on: It is really a lot of work to process non-CLA contributors. So I'd
change this to:

3) All project/committee participants are required to sign an ASF ICLA in order to have their
contributions recognized.

Normally this will have been done in step 2 but your writeup seems to imply that filing an
ICLA is optional. My recommendation: not optional.

Regards,

Craig

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation