community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: The Apache Way and good developers don’t like to communicate
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 13:06:01 GMT
I agree that it's hard to be a critical and crucial part of a community without being *IN*
the community.

More than anything, the PMC is the entity within the ASF that is the community representative
for a project. They "run" the project for the community with the understanding that they understand
the community best. If someone is not IN the community, nor active in the community, how can
they serve that role?