community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Apache Way and good developers don’t like to communicate
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 09:56:37 GMT
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM Christofer Dutz
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>... So if someone is an awesome coder, but doesn't communicate, I would not invite him
or vote for inviting...

I agree with that when it comes to inviting people on a PMC.

I think it's fine to accept code contributions from people who are not
visible on the project's lists, but I would not invite them on a PMC.

Having *committers* who are not visible on the project's lists might
be ok, but the PMC is a *management* committee, and that requires open
communications, not just code.

-Bertrand