community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Running another ASF Committer Diversity Survey
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 19:42:07 GMT

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 1:28 PM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:
>

> One suggestion I'd make is to review the text of some other foundations / tech organisation's
surveys, and if we're missing questions they've asked or have different incompatible wording,
make sure we have that for a reason. (Or update ours to match if no reason!). That would help
us with comparing ourselves to other similar groups, and also would assist outside researchers
trying to do meta-analysies too.

Agreed... as long as they really are peers. Otherwise, I think the results will skew things
in a way which makes it difficult for us to have a clear and truthful insight on where we
stand.