community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Running another ASF Committer Diversity Survey
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:12:55 GMT
Count me in.

FWIW: I will likely be out of pocket mostly this week but will review and comment as I can

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 5:30 AM, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> It’s been nearly 2 years since we ran our ASF Committer Diversity Survey so I think
it's about time that we looked at running it again to see if things are changing. For those
of you who haven't seen the details or the results from our 2016 ASF Committer Diversity Survey
then you can find them at the link below:

> https://s.apache.org/lV9h
>
> Our original 2016 survey was run to:
>
>  -  help us get a picture of our existing diversity as all our committers are linked
to all ASF projects, and also;
> -   to create a baseline measure so we can see if we see if we are improving or not in
our diversity efforts.

> So I think that it would also be good to discuss and review the survey questions to see
if we can improve them or the phrasing to better capture the data. Also if anyone is interested
in helping out then please let me know.