community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Booth Volunteers Needed for Solutions Hamburg
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:50:19 GMT
Hi Everyone

We are urgently looking for a two volunteers to help out on the Apache booth for Solutions
Hamburg. https://solutions.hamburg/en/

The event will take place in Hamburg :-) on 12th - 14th September 2018 and we will be presenting
an Apache mini track there. The event attracts over 5000  participants and we have a great
opportunity to promote the ASF and our projects to a new audience.

Please note that you do not need to be a German speaker to help out on our booth. The organisers
and many attendees spoke English when I was there last year.  The main task will be talking
to attendees about the ASF and handing out any stickers and leaflets.

Booth volunteers will get VIP tickets to the event which means that all food and drinks are
covered throughout the whole event. Last year they had an amazing barista in a courtyard preparing
whatever type of coffee you wanted. They also had a lady making fresh pancakes to order and
a freezer full of ice cream that attendees could help themselves to.

The highlight of the event is their end of conference attendee party which is on Friday night
so if you volunteer I highly recommend that you stay to attend this. Last year they had a
room full of fuss-ball tables for people to play, at least 4 rooms with different types of
music, several relaxation and casual zones for people who wanted to chat, photo booths, adult
face painting, and free child care - so a party for all ages!

Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend this year but I would say that if there was ever
one party that I would want to go to every year – the Solutions Hamburg one would be it!

So if you are interested in being a booth volunteer for the event  then please let us know.

Thanks
Sharan