community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gathering all project logos in high res (or scalable) format
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:07:47 GMT
On 08/23/2018 02:00 PM, sebb wrote:
> Logos tend to change over time, so unless projects are required to
> update the directory whenever there is a change, the collection is
> going to get out of date.
>
> It might be better to collect the URLs  of the logos instead.

That was a consideration point, yeah. I decided to collect files
instead, as I am interested in converting some lower resolution images
to higher res scalable versions. URLs can also be outdated, so
regardless, in the end, there should be some sort of form for either
uploading or grabbing from a URL. I haven't gotten that far yet :-). If
there is a good interest in the project, I will work towards that.