community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Keeping PMC communications public when possible [was: High resolution project logos wanted!]
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 14:11:07 GMT

On 08/23/2018 08:50 AM, Julian Foad wrote:
> I respect your right to choose, but I don't understand why sending a reasonable request
to a project's dev list would be a problem.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you've never sent an email
message to all of the Apache dev lists. It's a very intimidating thing
to do. No matter how carefully you phrase it, email to all dev lists
*always* results in at least one angry response, and usually a lot of them.

People are ... weird.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/