community-dev mailing list archives

From lijiangsheng1@gmail.com <lijiangshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking contributors for new "Success at Apache" blog series
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2018 07:54:40 GMT

Hi,
   Thanks Ted.

   Without you did this, I never know what we did. It's great job.

   China need more advocate "the apache way".

   Thanks very much.

On 2018/07/26 15:16:31, Liu Ted <tedliu1@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
> For some reasons, my Yahoo mail editor doesn't show the hyperlinks and the email layout
is messy. Not sure whether you can see my writing correctly.

‎CST, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

>  #yiv4060327996 p.yiv4060327996MsoNormal, #yiv4060327996 p.yiv4060327996MsoNoSpacing{margin:0;}That's
great, Ted! Let me see if we can get these promoted.

> Many thanks for your efforts 😁
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656
> Skype sallykhudairi
>

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, at 10:48, Liu Ted wrote:
>
> Hi Sally,
>
> As communicated earlier, we have translated a few "Success at Apache" blogs and other
ASF related topics in Chinese, listed below. If anyone is interested in reading, re-posting
them, or else, please feel free do to do so.

> Success at Apache series:
> 08) Meritocracy, by Kevin A. McGrail, VP of ASF Fundraising, translation by David Zhenwei
DONG
> 09) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation, by Luke Han, VP of Apache Kylin PMC, translation
by David Zhenwei DONG
> 10) Scratch your own itch, by Ignasi Barrera, a member of the Apache jclouds PMC, translation
by Ted LIU
> 13) Contributing to Open Source even with a high-pressure job, by Anthony Shaw, contributor
to over 20 open-source projects including Apache Libcloud and SaltStack, translation by Ted
LIU
> 14) Open Innovation from a Non-native English Country, by Von Gosling, Apache RocketMQ
co-founder, translation by Ted LIU
> 12) A Newbie's Narrative, by Kuhu Shukla, Apache Tez Committer and contribute to YARN
and HDFS, translation by Ted LIU (to be published soon)
> ...and more to come!
>
> Also there are a few featured ASF-related articles and events (in Chinese) we've done
for your references.
> - Growing pains & gains of an open source rookie, written by Yangyong ZHENG, Apache
ServiceComb (incubating) Committer
> - How ASF works? translation by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
> - 2017 ASF Annual Report, summarized by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
> - How open is the Apache Software Foundation? written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
> - Incubation to TLP - the journey of Apache CarbonData, written by KuoSi, chief editor
of KAIYUANSHE
> - Incubation to TLP - the journey of Apache Kylin, written by KuoSi, chief editor of
KAIYUANSHE

> - The tales of Apache projects - COSCon'17 featured stories (CarbonData, Griffin, Kylin,
RocketMQ, Weex), written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE - Featured event: Apache Flink
China Community Meetup·Beijing
> - Featured event: Apache RocketMQ Online Meetup
> There are many not listed above and more to come...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ted Liu,
> ASF Member
>
> On ‎Monday‎, ‎April‎ ‎2‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎45‎:‎30‎ ‎PM‎
‎CST, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

> OK great; thank you, Ted :-)
>
> Warm regards,
> Sally
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656
> Skype sallykhudairi
>

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, at 10:38, Liu Ted wrote:
>
> Hi Sally,  Thank you for the prompt reply. It's OK to use individual author name instead.
One will be translated by David Dong,  another one by myself. I'll update you when the translations
are done.

> Ted Liu
>

> 2018 年 4 月 2 日周一 21:52,Sally Khudairi
> <sk@apache.org> 写道:
> Thanks so much, Ted.
>
> We will be happy to add links to the translated versions of the blog posts. However,
as the ASF is vendor-neutral, and contributions to Apache initiatives are made by individuals,
we are unable to promote KAIYUANSHE in these translations.

> If that is OK with you, I'll be happy to add you to the production schedule.
>
> Warm regards,
> Sally
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656
> Skype sallykhudairi
>

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, at 01:15, Liu Ted wrote:
>
> Hi Sally,  I and KAIYUANSHE (1), will start translating some ASF blogs, esp. Success
at Apache series, starting from Luke Han's “Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation” and
Von Gosling's "Open Innovation from a Non-native English Country" and publicize them in KAIYUANSHE's
social channels.

> There are around 10 TLP or incubating ASF projects originated from China now. We will
try our best to help more success stories out in the future.

> Best regards,
>
> Ted Liu
>
> (1) KAIYUANSHE, a ground-up open source alliance, focusing on open source governance,
global outreach & bridging and community building & collaboration, in China. We held
the 2015 Apache Roadshow in China,  2016 and 2017 China Open Source Conference where ASF
Way and ASF projects and technologies were heavily promoted.

> 2018 年 4 月 2 日周一 9:36,Sally Khudairi
> <sk@apache.org> 写道:
> Following up on this... we have spots open over the next several months. Please contact
me directly if you are interested in participating.

> To familiarize yourselves with the series, here's what we have published this far https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
>
> This blog series is amongst my favorite projects at the ASF --I love learning your personal
stories about how you've become involved with the Apache community and the many projects that
you are involved with :-)

> Again, if you're feeling shy about this, no need to be. We're all family; no judgement...each
individual's experience is unique and valued.