community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 19:31:42 GMT

On 07/05/2018 11:04 AM, Jonathan Vila wrote:
> No, we haven't talked with Tomcat folks..... in fact it started with a nice
> chat with JF Clere , and we've moved up to this point.
>
> 1. What do you mean "how much content " ? talks ?

Yes. I'm asking how many tracks you'd want to be filled with Apache
content. Or, alternately, would we just participate in the CFP process
and promote it heavily to our internal audiences.

> 2. A cost ? No , obviously not. But I assume we can use the current
> sponsors/energies/people on EU roadshow in order to make a super big
> conference having both conference on 1.

Forgive me for being difficult, but this feels like a contradiction. If
we're using current sponsors, then there's a cost. What I guess I'm
asking is how much of the cost will need to be shouldered by Apache, as
opposed to the cost covered by the existing JBCNConf conference
production organization?

> 3. Dates, we are flexible..... We mainly think on having JBCNconf on June
> or first half of July, but it also depends on the availibility of venues,
> etc....
> 4. We already have volunteers that help running the JBCNConf, but we could
> add more.
This all sounds good in principle. Identifying the folks who will
actually lead this effort, and be the "boots on the ground" seems like a
necessary next step.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/