community-dev mailing list archives

From sha...@apache.org
Subject Re: Help designing the Apache Booth at Solutions.Hamburg 2018
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 09:24:46 GMT
Hi

I think we could add Geospatial to the list too. And wasn't there a
trendy little robot that danced for beer? Would that count as robotics? :-)

Thanks
Sharan

On 4.7.2018 11:15, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I just reached out to Carlos ... he's doing a lot of the design-related stuff in the
Flex and Royale project ...

> As I was discussing details with him ... I thought I'd bring this back to this list to
hear what you think.

> The conference will be attended by a lot of techies, but probably an equal number of
managers.

> So having the two walls, I thought it might be a good idea to create them to trigger
these two types of people.

> One wall sort of listing the buzz-words where Apache projects are offering solutions
>
> And the other could be the typical Project-Logo-Wall to more trigger the techies ...
of course the Buzzword Wall could be topped by the Feather Logo.

> What do you think?
>

> What Buzzwords do we have to list? These are the ones I would instantly think of (But
that list is strongly biased by my perception of the ASF Projects):

> - Big Data
>
> - Streaming
>
> - Cloud
>
> - Container
>
> - Machine Learning
>
> - (Industrial) IoT
>
> - Industry 4.0
>

> Please add or comment if you think some need to be changed, removed whatsoever.
>

> Chris
>

> Am 04.07.18, 10:15 schrieb "Sharan Foga" <sharan@apache.org>:
>

>      Hi All
>

>      Thanks for the info Chris. And if we have any creative graphics people that are
willing to fill 2 walls big walls (each 2m x 2.5m) with Apache related logos and graphics
then that will be great.

>      Also a quick note that whatever designs are created for the booth will need to be
approved by Sally.

>      Thanks
>
>      Sharan
>

>      On 2018/07/04 07:40:34, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
>      > Ups ... my bad ... it's August and not July ... so we've got a little more
time ;-)

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      > Am 04.07.18, 08:35 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     Hi all,
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     I just got the derail information for our Booth at Solutions.Hamburg.
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     I uploaded the PDF with the details here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11UPKAXf3H71NQSudxONJZNIDsDDidjka
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     For the non-english speaking people, I’ll translate the essential parts.
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     1 Counter: Width 1,5m, Height 1,1m, Depth 0,5m
>
>      >

>      >     Double sided back plane (90° angle) custom printed (each side 2m wide
and 2,5m high)

>      >

>      >     Chairs
>
>      >

>      >     3 port power-plug (230v)
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     In order to have the conference organizer print our booth, I would need
someone to design that.

>      >

>      >     Here come the details:
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     Color-Mode: CMAYK
>
>      >

>      >     Size: 2 times 200cm x 250cm
>
>      >

>      >     (Don’t know the translation for “Anschnitt” … guess it’s some
excess area used for printing, which is cut off): 2cm

>      >

>      >     File Formats: .ai, .eps, .pdf
>
>      >

>      >     Fonts have to be converted to paths
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     The absolute latest date I will be able to provide these will be the 14.08.2018
(That’s 10 days from now)

>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     Who would be up for this task?
>
>      >

>      >

>      >

>      >     If no one steps forward, I threaten to do it myself and then the stand
will look like a tech-nerd did it ;-)