community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 12:45:36 GMT

On 07/05/2018 11:07 AM, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I also think it is a great initiative, and JBCNConf is a great conference.
> Collocating TomcatCon or the EU roadshow could be great idea.
> I'm based in Barcelona and would be more than happy to help make this
> happen, so count on me!

Ok, so, to be completely clear: Are you stating that you will be the
local lead for this event, and the primary contact between JBCNConf and
the ASF?

As VP Conferences, I'll sign whatever I need to sign, but we MUST have a
local lead who takes full responsibility for making the event happen.
Once we have that, I'm 110% in favor of making this happen.

Obviously I (and this mailing list) will give you whatever support you
need to make this happen, but events only seem to work at Apache when
there's a single lead who is able to make decisions and execute on them
without necessarily consulting the peanut gallery for each detail.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/