community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject events.a.o vs a.o/events
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:50:38 GMT
Hi, folks,

It's my intent to eliminate apache.org/events, and consolidate into
events.apache.org

Site structure should include at least the following:

Upcoming events, in the following categories:

ApacheCon -> links to apachecon.com, of course
Road shows
Endorsed events (ie, third party stuff like Spark Summit or whatever)
Meetups (this is where http://apache.org/events/meetups.html will end up)

About:

Brief history of ApacheCon, linked over to archive.apachecon.com
Definitions of the above event categories, from recent mailing list
thread and elsewhere

Organizing:

Information and resources for organizing your own event

Please feel free to pitch in if you like, but this is more of a "here's
what I'm doing".

Once I'm done with the first pass, I'll be asking infra to redirect
apache.org/events/* over to events.apache.org

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/