community-dev mailing list archives

From Liu Ted <tedl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Seeking contributors for new "Success at Apache" blog series
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:48:44 GMT
Hi Sally,
As communicated earlier, we have translated a few "Success at Apache" blogs and other ASF
related topics in Chinese, listed below. If anyone is interested in reading, re-posting them,
or else, please feel free do to do so.
Success at Apache series:08) Meritocracy, by Kevin A. McGrail, VP of ASF Fundraising, translation
by David Zhenwei DONG
09) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation, by Luke Han, VP of Apache Kylin PMC, translation
by David Zhenwei DONG10) Scratch your own itch, by Ignasi Barrera, a member of the Apache
jclouds PMC, translation by Ted LIU13) Contributing to Open Source even with a high-pressure
job, by Anthony Shaw, contributor to over 20 open-source projects including Apache Libcloud
and SaltStack, translation by Ted LIU
14) Open Innovation from a Non-native English Country, by Von Gosling, Apache RocketMQ co-founder,
translation by Ted LIU12) A Newbie's Narrative, by Kuhu Shukla, Apache Tez Committer and contribute
to YARN and HDFS, translation by Ted LIU (to be published soon)
...and more to come!
Also there are a few featured ASF-related articles and events (in Chinese) we've done for
your references.- Growing pains & gains of an open source rookie, written by Yangyong
ZHENG, Apache ServiceComb (incubating) Committer
- How ASF works? translation by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
- 2017 ASF Annual Report, summarized by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE- How open is the
Apache Software Foundation? written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE- Incubation to TLP
- the journey of Apache CarbonData, written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE- Incubation
to TLP - the journey of Apache Kylin, written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE- The tales
of Apache projects - COSCon'17 featured stories (CarbonData, Griffin, Kylin, RocketMQ, Weex),
written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE- Featured event: Apache Flink China Community
Meetup·Beijing
- Featured event: Apache RocketMQ Online Meetup
There are many not listed above and more to come...

Best regards,
Ted Liu,ASF Member

    On ‎Monday‎, ‎April‎ ‎2‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎45‎:‎30‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST,