community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Community Workshop at ApacheCon?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:47:02 GMT

On 03/08/2018 08:30 AM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote on 3/8/18 7:18 AM:
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 18:44 Daniel Ruggeri <druggeri@primary.net> wrote:
>>

>>> On that thought, maybe a docs jam to inventory and describe our various
>>> tools?
>>> --
>>>

>> So much yes to this but it is critical that work gets done before to
>> identify what needs done so that the precious time is not wasted on what
>> can be done before.
>
> Yup yup!  To start with, just making a new page on the website (so it's
> in SVN) would be good, so everyone can collaborate on adding useful
> pointers.  Google docs would be fine too, but sometimes it's hard to
> coordinate invites between Apache emails and Google IDs.
>
> Longer term, with Whimsy it's easy to create a categorized listing, if
> there's a little structure to the data.  For example:
>
>    https://whimsy.apache.org/events/talks
>
> This is just pointers to useful slides.  But adding a little more
> structure to the data, it could be a listing of "useful bits of
> content", that includes slides/videos, course curricula, checklists,
> how-to essays, blog posts, etc.  It could also display all the
> information by title, by area of interest, by level of expertise
> (beginner, advanced).
>
> Who's going to check something in first?  8-)

I was actually struggling, this morning, to put together some
Todo/HelpWanted lists around the stuff that I'd like to see happen but
don't have time for myself. I ended up putting some things in
helpwanted.apache.org but not everything is relevant for that.

There are times when I really, really want an etherpad for stuff like this.