community-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Setting up an official ASF swag store
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:45:51 GMT
On 05/03/18 09:55, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks Mark for starting this thread.
>
> I started thinking about an ASF swag store last year but wasn’t too sure how to
approach it. Talking to  people informally I did get some positive feedback so mentioned it
to the OFBiz project [1] . OFBiz includes all the functionality for setting the swag store
and managing sales, returns etc if we wanted to run it ourselves.

> That being said, if we can’t or don’t want to take on the additional workload
 or the risk, then redbubble option could be a good way of getting something up and running
that will take care of itself.

I think running it ourselves from scratch, as it were, would be orders
of magnitude more work than I had in mind. The advantage I see with
RedBubble is that it appears - so far at least - to require minimal
setup on our part.

On that topic, if I do go ahead and set this up, does the ComDev PMC
have any objection to me doing it in ComDev's name?

Thanks,

Mark