community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon North America 2018, September 24-28, Montreal
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 08:42:04 GMT

On 01/30/2018 07:38 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> Is there a guide on the kind of talks ApacheCons look for (45 minutes
> is all I found so far). I haven't been to an ApacheCon before, but may
> be interesting in submitting an Apache Solr talk (have presented at
> other confs). I usually do beginner talks, but don't know if this is
> from-zero, latest-features, from A to K, or any other kind of talk
> that would be most useful.
>
> Any advise/links would be appreciated, probably not just by me.

We try to do roughly half and half between intro and the more advanced
talks - half to get the newer folks to join us, and half to encourage
them on their path towards contributing to the projects themselves.

All talks will be roughly 50 minutes (45 + Q&A time).

The kind of talks that you mention are all appropriate for the audience
we tend to attract, but as a reviewer I'd probably personally lean
towards the more advanced end of the spectrum than the bare-bones intro
talks.