community-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Speakers and Volunteers for OpenExpo Europe 2018 Madrid
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 07:43:58 GMT
Hi!

This is just a quick follow-up email.

We told the OpenExpo organizers about the people we have for the
event, but we are still waiting for their confirmation about the exact
talks, format, duration, etc. As soon as we have their feedback we'll
come back to you with all the details so everyone can prepare their
stuff, trips, etc.

I hope we have everything we need to know asap!

I.

On 11 January 2018 at 09:18, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Ismaël!
>
> On 2018-01-09 16:35, Ismaël Mejía <iemejia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Being a native spanish speaker I would love to help too, with a talk
>> related to Apache / Mentoring / Open Source in general, or one on the
>> project I am a committer.
>>
>> And of course I can also help with the booth too. I suppose giving
>> info in the native language would be greatly appreciated :)
>>
>> Ismaël
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> > I'm willing to do it, but don't want to "take" the spot if other,
>> > more qualified people can.

or Spanish. I know that they are trying to include more English speaking content in their
programme.

in Madrid later this year. We are actively looking for speakers to present and talk at the
event as well as volunteers to help out on the Apache booth.

ebook that is due to be published soon that looks at open source trends for 2018. (And thanks
to all the people who volunteered to write something)

scheduled over two days 6th and 7th June.  You can find out more information on their website.

2018. We can choose the content and the presentation can be in English or in Spanish.

know. (Jan or Ignasi – if either of you are interested in doing then please let me
know as you have experience of the conference already!)

a short presentation and talk about what they are looking for. In the case of the ASF, the
organisers suggested that we could talk about what the ASF is looking for when selecting projects
for incubation.

conference and in Spanish (as I would guess would be best)

(or mulitple people :-) from the ASF to talk about mentoring and things like how to manage
a community, how to contribute to a community etc

at the conference. Once again I think Spanish is going to be a pre-requsite because of the
conference audience.

community at their event. I remember from the last event that we were keen to promote Apache
in Spain and try and get a bigger profile so this could be a good way to do it.

I won't be able to attend this event so we are looking for other people who are interested
in being on the booth during the event. (Last year all booth volunteers got access to their
VIP lounge for free food and drinks :-)

The OpenExpo is a free conference so if you are planning to go along or would like to help
out then please let me know.