community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of the Xalan-C project (is it abandoned?)
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:50:14 GMT
Hi Roger,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> ...I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate list, but I'm not sure exactly
> how to proceed, so if it's wrong please redirect me to where I should go...

We can handle this here - I understand your confusion.

> ...I'm a user of Apache Xerces-C++ and Xalan-C++.  Both of these projects
> haven't seen much maintenance for the last few years...

Indeed. They are managed by the Xalan PMC, you can see both of them
mentioned in that PMC's reports at
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Xalan.html

Those reports have several mentions like "we would still appreciate
more active persons to build Xalan-C tests" so it looks like you would
be welcome to help.

I have forwarded your query to the Xalan PMC, asking them to reply
here. Let's see if it helps.

FWIW http://attic.apache.org/ is where dead projects go, but it looks
like those are not in this case.

-Bertrand