community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject [ApacheCon] Keynote suggestions
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:52:06 GMT
It's funny - sometimes when I mention keynotes on members@, I get a
hundred suggestions, and sometimes - like this time - I get nothing at all.

Anyways, I was wondering if we have suggestions for keynotes this year.

I've already asked Cliff Schmidt, who is an ASF member and the director
of Amplio (Formerly Literacy Bridge) http://www.amplio-network.org/

Having a theme of inviting members who are doing amazing things in the
world would be awesome, and in line with the theme that Apache is where
the future gets created, so if you know of someone that fits that
description, please mention them.

Beyond that, we like to have people who are inspirational, and are using
"Open" (not necessarily software, but the philosophy) in the world to do
interesting things.

Thanks for any suggestions you might offer. Suggestions that come with
actual contact information are even more helpful.

-Rich