community-dev mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Request to mentor GSoC 2018 for SkyWalking project
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:45:14 GMT
Hi Apache community.

I am a PPMC member of Apache Incubator SkyWalking project. Some students ask me to mentor
them in GSoC 2018, because I used to mentor for CNCF foundation last year. And I think this
is a great idea, SkyWalking as an incubator project, need and welcome new people to join us.
At the same time, SkyWalking plugin mechanism is stable and not too hard for student. After
all, they have total 3 months for a simple plugin.

So, I want to ask the community, how should SkyWalking project volunteer mentors? And how
many slots could we ask? Right now, there are 3 students asked me. And I post a jira ticket
here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-247

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking creator and PPMC member