community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Apache Software Foundation Community Sponsorship Trade with DeveloperWeek
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 10:00:41 GMT
Hi All

A quick update on this.

They sent me a copy of their suggested email blast and I've sent it to Sally to take a look
and also the ComDev PMC.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2018-01-04 12:12, "Sharan Foga"<sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've got a response back from them and they still would like us to participate in their
offer.

> ASF Involvement
> I asked about Apache involvement in the event since if we are listed as a community sponsor
then we generally have a booth or at least a talk at the event. Their response was as follows:

> “our community sponsors help promote our event and, in return, we help promote
their company. One of our PRO speaker workshops by Denis Magda of GridGain is on "Apache Ignite
Service Grid: Foundation of Your Microservices-Based Solution"

> Email Blast
> They are going to send me a copy of their email blast so we can look at that to see if
it  would be acceptable or not.  They seem to be OK with it being limited to the ComDev mailing
list, a paragraph on our blog and a tweet.

> They also said that we could do create an email about or promoting the ASF that they
would send out to their event mailing list.