community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Speakers and Volunteers for OpenExpo Europe 2018 Madrid
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:18:37 GMT
Thanks Ismaël!

On 2018-01-09 16:35, Ismaël Mejía <iemejia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Being a native spanish speaker I would love to help too, with a talk
> related to Apache / Mentoring / Open Source in general, or one on the
> project I am a committer.
>
> And of course I can also help with the booth too. I suppose giving
> info in the native language would be greatly appreciated :)
>
> Ismaël
>

> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> > I'm willing to do it, but don't want to "take" the spot if other,
> > more qualified people can.
> >
> >> On Jan 7, 2018, at 9:58 AM, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Jim
> >>
> >> If you are interested in the presentation slot then that can be in English or
Spanish. I know that they are trying to include more English speaking content in their programme.

> >> Thanks
> >> Sharan

in Madrid later this year. We are actively looking for speakers to present and talk at the
event as well as volunteers to help out on the Apache booth.

that is due to be published soon that looks at open source trends for 2018. (And thanks to
all the people who volunteered to write something)

over two days 6th and 7th June.  You can find out more information on their website.

We can choose the content and the presentation can be in English or in Spanish.

(Jan or Ignasi – if either of you are interested in doing then please let me
know as you have experience of the conference already!)

short presentation and talk about what they are looking for. In the case of the ASF, the organisers
suggested that we could talk about what the ASF is looking for when selecting projects for
incubation.

and in Spanish (as I would guess would be best)

mulitple people :-) from the ASF to talk about mentoring and things like how to manage a community,
how to contribute to a community etc

at the conference. Once again I think Spanish is going to be a pre-requsite because of the
conference audience.

at their event. I remember from the last event that we were keen to promote Apache in Spain
and try and get a bigger profile so this could be a good way to do it.

be able to attend this event so we are looking for other people who are interested in being
on the booth during the event. (Last year all booth volunteers got access to their VIP lounge
for free food and drinks :-)

OpenExpo is a free conference so if you are planning to go along or would like to help out
then please let me know.