community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject [REQUEST] Speakers and Volunteers for OpenExpo Europe 2018 Madrid
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 13:41:00 GMT
Hi Everyone

Here is an update about our involvement in the Open Expo Conference in Madrid later this year.
We are actively looking for speakers to present and talk at the event as well as volunteers
to help out on the Apache booth.

A few people are already writing some articles for the Open Expo ebook that is due to be published
soon that looks at open source trends for 2018. (And thanks to all the people who volunteered
to write something)

Last year the conference was held on one day, but for 2018 it is scheduled over two days 6th
and 7th June.  You can find out more information on their website.

https://openexpoeurope.com/en/

In preparation for the conference later this year , we have been offered the following:

Presentation Slot
We have been allocated a 30 minute presentation slot on 6th June 2018. We can choose the content
and the presentation can be in English or in Spanish.

If you would like to present at the conference then please let me know. (Jan or Ignasi –
if either of you are interested in doing then please let me know as you have experience of
the conference already!)

Talent Acquisition
They will have a Open Talent Acquisition area where people can do a short presentation and
talk about what they are looking for. In the case of the ASF, the organisers suggested that
we could talk about what the ASF is looking for when selecting projects for incubation.

So we are looking for someone who can talk about incubation at the conference and in Spanish
(as I would guess would be best)

Mentoring
They have a start up and community village and would like someone (or mulitple people :-)
from the ASF to talk about mentoring and things like how to manage a community, how to contribute
to a community etc

So we are looking for someone (or people) who can help us with this at the conference. Once
again I think Spanish is going to be a pre-requsite because of the conference audience.

General Networking
They are offering us an opportunity to network with the Spanish community at their event.
I remember from the last event that we were keen to promote Apache in Spain and try and get
a bigger profile so this could be a good way to do it.

So we are looking for someone who can help with this activity during the conference.

Apache Booth
We have been offered an Apache booth at the event. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend
this event so we are looking for other people who are interested in being on the booth during
the event. (Last year all booth volunteers got access to their VIP lounge for free food and
drinks :-)

If you can help out with any of our requests then please respond. The OpenExpo is a free conference
so if you are planning to go along or would like to help out then please let me know.

Thanks
Sharan