community-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 01:49:03 GMT
Hi,

A while back I posted a little logo game. [1] Well after a few comments on the incubator list
around projects possibly graduating without fully understanding ASF policy, and some issues
with recent release got me thinking is there another way we can present this information.
So I made a little multiple choice quiz on ASF policy. [2] Give it a try [3] and tell me what
you think. (It’s probably harder and not as fun as the logo game but aimed at a different
audience.)

Currently it only has a dozen or so questions with some variation, so you may get the same
question asked but it’s likely to have different answers in a different order. Anyway if
people think this is useful perhaps we can expand it with more questions and broaden the scope
to include other areas like the Apache Way, how the foundation works and the like.

I may of made mistakes and it likely some words and sentences probably need correcting. Proof
readers and PRs welcome.

BTW it doesn’t save your scores anywhere so if you get a question wrong only you will know
but hopefully you might learn something. Have a record of number of people taking the quiz
and results by incubating project might be interesting but probably a little invasive.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheLogos
2. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheQuiz