community-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon 2018
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:34:19 GMT
On 12/12/2017 8:26 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Unclear what distinction you're making here. Apachecon is of course short
> for "apache conference". The brand has a following.
The distinction is I am looking at something smaller like a BarCamp
level event not an AC level event.

> I would like to see us do something like this. However I'm very skeptical
> of your "sell a dozen tables for vendors" like that's trivial. Certainly i
> would love to see it be that easy but we've been trying this for *years*
> and it gets harder every year.
Excellent.  I will do some research and get back to you.

As for vendor's.  I think the barcamp expenses are lower so I'm thinking
table with a table cloth, two chairs w/power & internet possibly.  I
think you might be thinking more like a booth.  See above about barcamp
vs apachecon and perhaps that's the difference in why I don't think it's
a hard lift?

Regards,
KAM