community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project website design and style guidelines / tips
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 19:53:41 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Browsing through some project websites I see quite some diversity. Is
> this: each project does its own thing?...

Yes, I don't think there are any foundation-wide resources for that.

Now, if you see a site from another ASF project that you like, I
suppose it's fine to ask them if you can borrow their design and
repurpose it for your own project.

AFAIK our infra team wants to deprecate the Apache CMS so the
recommend was to publish our websites today is either svnpubsub or
gitpubsub, https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available
- which means you're free to se whatever site generation tool that
works for you.

(you might now this already - mentioning it for completeness of this thread ;-)

-Bertrand