community-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Cole" <billc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Apache Software Foundation Community Sponsorship Trade with DeveloperWeek
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:03:22 GMT
On 30 Nov 2017, at 12:38 (-0500), Alex Harui wrote:

> I wouldn't mind reading and
> deleting as many as a dozen marketing-type emails per year if it got
> the
> ASF's name out in front of people that don't already know about us

Using email to get an organization's name out in front of people who
don't know about it has a name and there's an ASF project whose purpose
is identifying such email so the targeted users can keep it out of their
mailboxes entirely.

Thankfully, outright spam to people who don't know about the ASF doesn't
seem to be what is being proposed. I suspect that the DeveloperWeek
organization may not understand that there is no marketing email list at
the ASF and that the best they can get is what Sharan has already
offered.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole