community-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: Doing open source while maintaining your sanity
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 21:28:54 GMT
MAJOR issue in my first draft where I missed a negative.

Some Advice about Volunteering:

- Volunteering starts at home: Don't give more than you can afford to give.

- Volunteering doesn't mean unprofessional: Just because you aren't
paid, that should NOT compromise your standards.

- Volunteers have lives and jobs: Don't over commit and ask for help
EARLY if you are overwhelmed, get sick, or whatever.

- Volunteerism and burn out are real issues: If you need help, there are
lots of members here who understand your pain.  Don't be afraid to ask
for it! Reach out to members@apache.org, board-private@apache.org, or
just another member 1:1.

Please don't suffer in silence.  We are all a big Apache family and we
are here to help!