community-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: Doing open source while maintaining your sanity
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:01:08 GMT
On 12/11/2017 8:49 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> The vast majority of volunteers at ASF projects are not members and
> cannot even see the archives of those lists.
Agreed. I was trying to think through a public list, a private list and
then a way for people to get very private help. Some minor rewrites to
move things forward:

Some Advice about Volunteering:

- Volunteering starts at home: Don't give more than you can afford to give.

- Volunteering doesn't mean unprofessional: Volunteers don't lower their
standard just because we aren't paid!

- Volunteers have lives and jobs: Don't over commit and ask for help
EARLY if you are overwhelmed, get sick, or just need more assistance.

- Volunteerism and burn out are real issues: If you need help, there are
lots of members here who understand your pain.  Don't be afraid to
ask for it!  Reach out to <list to be determined> for public input,
board-private@apache.org for a more private discussion, or just reach
out to another member 1:1.

Please don't suffer in silence.  We are all a big Apache family and we
are here to help!

Regards,
KAM