community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST FOR ARTICLE] Would you like to participate in the OpenExpo Europe 2018 ebook?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:47:21 GMT
Sign me up :)

> On Dec 17, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> A similar request has been sent out to our committers list but I also wanted to include
it here just in case we can gather some additional volunteers.

> We have been invited to have an ASF booth again at the OpenExpo Europe for 2018 and have
also been asked to participate in other areas such as presentations and mentoring (more emails
to follow...)

> Anyway the organizers are publishing an eBook and have asked us for an "Apache Community
contribution" to share our personal opinions on the future of Open Source. Their theme this
year is Internationalization. As the Apache community at-large is extremely diverse, they
are seeking opinions from all levels of participants, from all walks of life, across the globe.

> This will go into their conference eBook. Here's last year's version so you can have
an idea of what it will look like when finished.

> https://goo.gl/VjDWQh
>
> They're looking for 30-40 contributions from anyone who is part of the Apache community
(so any of you!).

> I'll be working with Sally Khudairi (ASF VP Marketing and Publicity) to pull together
the entries for this project. Here's what they're looking for:

> a) Topic: Personal perspective on the role of internationalization in Open Source in
2018 ("the forecast in their fields" --if you're a DevOps person, talk about that; if in Cloud,
talk about that; Data Science,etc.)

> b) Length: ~200 words.
>
> c) Attribution: please provide your
>
>   - full name (no handles/nicknames, please)
>   - role at the ASF (Apache Member, Committer, etc.)
>   -  title (e.g., Member of Apache XYZ Project Management Committee,
>   Vice President Apache XYZ, Apache XYZ Committer, etc.)  -
>   - your $Dayjob title/company if permitted
>
> d) Photo: High-res PNG, tiff format
>

> ** Deadline: 10 January 2018 **
>

> Please let respond if you are interested in contributing to this project so I can add
you to the list, and follow up with next step.