community-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: Small project events
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 12:18:05 GMT
On 11/2/2017 8:09 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Can it be applied retrospectively (within a reasonable time period like
> the last few months)?

I can't think of any reason why not.  Recognition of people who help our
organization is such as simple task and it's factual.

However, I would leave it to the lawyers and accountants if they want to
try and use it as a write off, though.  For example, off the cuff, in
the US, for example, drinks are a 50% entertainment expense but might
have been a 100% contribution expense. Retroactively considering it a
donation for our thanks page = EASY.  Doing so with hopes of a US tax
implication = more complicated but likely defendable.

Regards,

KAM