community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review and Tidy Up of Existing ComDev Jira Issues
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2017 16:09:39 GMT

On 05/11/17 16:34, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Question: What to do about past GSOC issues that have had some work done
> on them?  There are a few GSOC issues for *other* projects in the COMDEV
> JIRA - from the project perspective, they're no longer valid, but I'd
> hate to blindly close an issue if some student is still hoping for
> feedback or something.
>
> Close them all, transfer to other projects, or...?

Hi Shane

Thanks for the review. I'd suggest that we don't close them yet. We need
to connect with the relevant project and student to find out what the
latest status is and if they are expecting any feedback. We can then
organise any transfer or handover.

I'd also like to better understand what Comdev's role is regarding GsoC.
Are we a simply a referral point for interested students or do we need
to help with administration and tracking?

Thanks
Sharan

> Sharan Foga wrote on 11/5/17 8:20 AM:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I think it would be good for us to start reviewing and tidying up the list of open
issues we have in our ComDev Jira to see if they are still valid, need updating or simply
need to be closed.

>> Having visible tasks that we need to focus on or are currently working on in our
Jira also opens up opportunities for others to help out (as witnessed with our brochure translation
work).