community-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Apache track at solutions.hamburg 12-14th Sep. 2018
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2017 09:38:17 GMT
For the sake of completeness,

I’m not only helping get everything setup, but also with the booth and will try to submit
at least one talk proposal.

Chris

Am 22.11.17, 18:03 schrieb "Myrle Krantz" <myrle@apache.org>:

    Hey all,

    Solutions.hamburg is planning next year's conference from 12-14
    September 2018.  As you may have heard, the last solutions.hamburg was
    a wonderful small meetup of Apache contributors.  The after-conference
    party was free for speakers and it was *amazing*.  They are probably
    right when they call it the biggest business party in Hamburg.

    After our successful participation in solutions.hamburg 2017, the
    conference has approached Christofer Dutz and me to ask if Apache
    would be interested in participating again in a track for 2018.  The
    2018 event will have a couple of differences:

    * It will be a one-location event (last year it was split across two locations).
    * We've been offered a booth for the full 3 days if we can find enough
    people to man it.

    They are covering each of the following topics for a half day:
    - Cloud vs. Non-Cloud
    - Data-Driven Decision Making
    - Machine Learning, Deep Learning & AI
    - Microservices vs. Monolith
    - Multimodale IT
    - Security & Data Privacy
    - Smart Contracts & Smart Ecosystems
    - Open Source vs. Closed and Proprietary
    It's early though, and topics might change. Talks can be in English or German.

    To make this work, we need volunteers:
    1.) To staff an Apache booth for either 1 or 3 days.
    2.) To give talks (on which topic?)

    Who would be interested in helping out?

    Best Regards,
    Myrle Krantz