community-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tracking Someone's First Contribution
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 09:38:49 GMT
I think it is a great way to encourage people to contribute.

In Apache jclouds we always tweet about new contributors and also
about significant contributions made to the code base. We've found
this always motivates the contributor.
We also have a "Credits" section in our release notes pages for all
those new and significant contributors, as a recognition for their
effort and help with the project.

I.

On 9 November 2017 at 10:34, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've contacted the Apache Fluo project because I've seen that consistently on Twitter
they highlight someone's first contribution to the project. This is something that could be
quite interesting for projects to promote so I've sent them a message to ask how they are
doing it!