community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating an ASF Project Game Application ?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:38:02 GMT

On 2017-10-30 14:24, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
> On 10/30/2017 02:21 PM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Another thing that came up last week in Prague was the idea of creating a simple
game application that could be used as an interactive quiz on the web or a mobile device.
So for example, it would display a project logo (or part of one)  and see if people can match
the logo with the correct Apache project. (Of course those projects with their name in the
logo might need to have it blanked out or it might be a little too easy...).

> > What do people think ? (As we may have a quick prototype from Justin already created!)
>
> What about hm...some more trivia-related things like guessing the right
> metric thingy (that we can grab from Kibble or such) ? :)
>
> "How many committers are there at the ASF"
> "How many lines of code..."
> "How many email sget send each day..."
>
> like a multiple choice quiz.

I like that idea too. I think the logo thing came out of the fact that I had the roller banner
with all the project logos printed on it and people kept pointing to them and saying - what
project is that? (And I had no idea :-o)

Thanks
Sharan