community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOSS Backstage Micro Sunmit Schedule Published
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:37:24 GMT
Hi Isabel

Great! Please feel free to update this thread with any more details.

(BTW I will start a new thread to see if you or any of the speakers are interested in doing
a short interview for FeatherCast.:-)

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-10-12 16:38, "Isabel Drost-Fromm"<isabel@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2017-10-10 12:58, Sharan Foga <sharan.foga@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm speaking at the event and also see quite a few names I recognise
> > from the schedule :-) so am looking forward to meeting up.
>
> Sharan, thanks for sharing this. I was planning to do so myself, but wanted to wait for
registration to come online* to avoid spamming people - you clearly beat me here in terms
of bias for action :)

> > Anyone else planning to come along to the event?
>
> Me :)
>
> IIRC someone offered to send me an stl file for an ASF feather cookie cutter. I'm afraid
given the people on the schedule I can no longer pretend that there's no interest in the event
and better start baking cookies :)

> Isabel
>

> * Should happen in the coming days, I'll share here as soon as I know the URL. Don't
be surprised - we are planning a two stage phase that lets you first pre-register, forcing
you to confirm your registration shortly before the event. Reason for that: No-Show rate for
Berlin based meetups is a really bad (sometimes as few as a quarter of the people show up).
I'd rather not have that happen here.