community-dev mailing list archives

From Snigdhadeb Mukherjee <snigdhadeb.mukher...@live.com>
Subject Apache Derby Poor Performance on select
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:58:55 GMT
Folks,

I don't know if this is the correct forum that I am asking the question on, but I am at my
wit's end and I need to be able to get this working quick.

The scenario:
Apache Derby 10.13, Jdk 8u 11x, RHEL, 64bit, 8 cores

The table is not indexed and contains 25million rows. Select is by a column that is not unique.

Derby started in network server and jdbc URL is for in memory dB to the network server.

Select takes 10 secs even for 3 rows result set

JVM started with 5gb Mx

Regards,
Snig