community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Creating an ASF Project Game Application ?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:17:04 GMT
You may also want to contact the Cordova people, as they may know where
we should start looking or who we can talk to.

--Rich

On 10/31/2017 09:09 AM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Excellent ideas!  My one point is being sure that whatever
> question/answer tool we come up with is 1) very easy to maintain, and 2)
> data driven, so people can work on questions separately from the code.
>
> For "how many committers are at the ASF", someone should be able to
> write a data file that has the question, then has some binning numbers
> (i.e. by 500's or something).  A user picks 5000-5500, and then the
> answer comes back 6000-6500 (actual number: gotten from JSON file).
>
> Also - what Apache project has a logo that's just a brown three-headed
> dog?  We couldn't figure that one out at ATO2017.
>
> - Shane
>
> Sharan Foga wrote on 10/30/17 9:38 AM:

simple game application that could be used as an interactive quiz on the web or a mobile device.
So for example, it would display a project logo (or part of one)  and see if people can match
the logo with the correct Apache project. (Of course those projects with their name in the
logo might need to have it blanked out or it might be a little too easy...).

>>> What about hm...some more trivia-related things like guessing the right
>>> metric thingy (that we can grab from Kibble or such) ? :)
>>>
>>> "How many committers are there at the ASF"
>>> "How many lines of code..."
>>> "How many email sget send each day..."
>>>
>>> like a multiple choice quiz.
>>>

>> I like that idea too. I think the logo thing came out of the fact that I had the
roller banner with all the project logos printed on it and people kept pointing to them and
saying - what project is that? (And I had no idea :-o)