community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan F <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Proposal for FOSDEM Devroom
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:07:17 GMT
Hi Kevin

We haven't been guaranteed a room yet as this is only the request for
one, so we won't know until early October if they will allocate one to
us. Once I get more details, I'll let you know.

Thanks
Sharan

On 12/09/17 13:47, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> I am planning to attend this in February and meet with potential
> sponsors.
>
> Perhaps a 2 hour block for something to discuss meritocracy and
> sponsorship with a social edge. Are we able to have food and drink in
> the room? Wine and beer and cheese or something might be nice for
> fundraising. Advice appreciated.
> Regards,
> KAM
>
> On September 12, 2017 7:35:14 AM EDT, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I have started to put some details together for the FOSDEM devroom request on the
wiki.

>     https://s.apache.org/XBKX
>
>     Please feel free to take a look and let me have any comments or feedback. As you
will see, it is still a work in progress so I will continue to work on it over the next few
days.

>     We have the option of a half day, full day or both days.  A two day track would need
around 16 hours of content so we'd need to be sure we could fill this otherwise I could select
one day (as half a day seems is a little too short I think!)

>     Although the submission deadline is 20th September it is always good to get it done
earlier so will aim for the 18th :-)