community-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Apache releases and package managers (NuGet, Maven)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 06:14:12 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Maven is an Apache project, and it is integrated with Apache membership
system,
so any committer can release artifacts to https://repository.apache.org

NuGet is similar to Maven, but for .NET world.
I wonder what is the correct process to release NuGet packages to nuget.org
as part of the Apache release process:

* Can we prepare *.nupkg packages, upload them to dist.apache.org for
voting with checksums and signatures?
* How can a project community upload these packages to a central nuget.org
repository? Should we share account details for that on a private list?

Is there any experience in Apache projects with third party package
repositories (npm, etc)?

Thanks,
Pavel