community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan F <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Proposal for FOSDEM Devroom
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:30:20 GMT
Hi Kevin

All the rooms are free which is why there is such a high demand for
them. The location is in a university so the rooms can vary a lot from
lecture theatre size (which I think they keep for the main tracks) and
to various smaller sized classrooms. I can ask the organisers the
question about holding a beer/wine/cheese event to see if that OK just
in case there are any restrictions.

Thanks
Sharan

On 12/09/17 14:12, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Of course.  I saw you wanted it to be a less techy devroom so to be
> clear, I plan to be there and the idea of a 1 or 2 hour
> beer/wine/cheese type thing paid out of fundraising budget has
> interest as a good idea to me.  Lots of questions like: if we have a
> room, how much will the event charge for us to do it, are we in a
> closet sized room, etc. :-)
>
> Regards,
> KAM
>
> On 9/12/2017 8:07 AM, Sharan F wrote:
>> Hi Kevin
>>
>> We haven't been guaranteed a room yet as this is only the request for
>> one, so we won't know until early October if they will allocate one
>> to us. Once I get more details, I'll let you know.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan
>>
>> On 12/09/17 13:47, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> I am planning to attend this in February and meet with potential
>>> sponsors.
>>>
>>> Perhaps a 2 hour block for something to discuss meritocracy and
>>> sponsorship with a social edge. Are we able to have food and drink
>>> in the room? Wine and beer and cheese or something might be nice for
>>> fundraising. Advice appreciated.
>>> Regards,