community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOSDEM Apache Developer Room ?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:27:42 GMT
On 11/09/2017 11:55, Isabel Drost-Fromm wrote:
> You mention that FOSDEM sets a requirement for presentations to be of a
> technical nature - this is not what I have observed during the past ten years
> attending and/or speaking at FOSDEM

That is what I am required to obey each year when selecting talks for
the devroom I co-organize. Then I don't know if FOSDEM, like some other
circles (ASF included?) reinterprets its own rules sometimes.

> However there also is a very successful legal dev room. There recently was a
> community dev room.

Some devrooms are granted a specific exception. I understand the ASF is
asking for one too.

> There were talks in the main tracks on the inner workings of
> various large scale projects. There were talks within technical dev rooms that
> focussed on best practices organising meetups. In the early days of open
> sourcing Java there were several discussions on how to go about that and how to
> best integrate the various packaging communities in the Java Dev Room...

Well, the decision is taken anyway so let's just see if the proposal is
accepted. I just provided feedback in case it could be useful. I hope I
will be busy in another devroom but I'll be happy to spend time in the
ASF devroom too. Good luck!

Regards,
   Andrea.