community-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Users of Traffic Server and Control
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 07:24:27 GMT
On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:54 AM, BURAK EGERCI <burak.egerci@turkcell.com.tr>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I would like to send an e-mail to users@trafficcontrol.
> incubator.apache.org but It says “E-mail Must be sent from an @apache.org
> address or a subscriber address or an address in LDAP.”. So I already
> subscribed to dev@community.apache.org but I am still not able to send an
> e-mail to above group.

The response itself is odd. You would want the first suggestion to be most
generally applicable (e.g. "from an address subscribed by sending a blank
email to users-subscribe@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org (or ' at ' if
you
want to confuse spambots... maybe...), followed by the less likely
scenarios.

It did seem unnecessarily confusing. Wouldn't know, we don't do hard blocks
on any of my projects' lists (speaking as a sometimes overwhelmed
moderator.)