community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Splicing ApacheCon talk and slides
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:33:05 GMT
(bcc += feathercast@a.o, the podcast blog has it's own email)

Trevor Grant wrote on 7/5/17 8:56 AM:
> Thanks to Rich and whoever did the audio for the Feathercast Talks from
> ApacheCon.
>
> I was really pleased with the way my talk came out-  would like to share,
> would it be OK if I made a new video that had the audio and the slides
> spliced together? (I'm thinking wrt copyrights, etc.)

Presumably the slides are yours to use as you see fit.  I would imagine
Feathercast is under the Apache license, but looking at the blog, I
can't see an obvious license credit (except for the music, which is
CC-BY-NC interestingly enough).

Rich, can we add a copyright and license statement to Feathercast?

In any case, yes, Trevor, we want people to be able to do stuff exactly
like you're suggesting - thanks for bringing it up, and do post it!

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources