community-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject IMPORTANT: Re: Forwarded: GitHub vs. FreeYourGadget Full Story
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:29:39 GMT
Thank you Isabel.  This is an interesting issue and there are protections against this very
quick injunction process.  My own firm had something similar occur and I am a designated agent
for the DMCA.

I think the ASF should immediately file an agent with the dmca https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/
and add a dmca agent info to www.a.o.

It costs 6$ and I apologize I never thought about it before.  Thank you for sending this.

I have cc'd the board and vp infra.  Sam or David, I suggest we register today and get this
done.

Going further check that all isps and datacenters we use in the US are also in their.  It
adds a process and protection layer to anyone filing complaints.
Regards,
KAM