community-dev mailing list archives

From Srinivas Tatikonda <sritatiko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java XML Framework
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 00:33:21 GMT
Yes that makes sense, this can be packaged as a new trransformation engine before this can
be plugged with any XML processing framework.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 28, 2017, at 23:02, Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cocoon is designed to use pluggable transformation engines to convert XML to other formats.
So to the extent your code could be packaged as a Cocoon transformer you might have something
of general use to that project.

>> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM Srinivas Tatikonda <sritatikonda@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hello Peter,
>>                I don't have much understanding of Cocoon. Based on what I see Cocoon
is creating XML Pipelines, I also see that it uses XSLT or other mechanism for transformation
of XML. The framework mentioned above talks about using Java based transformation instead
of using XSLT/DOM/JAXB etc... to deal with XML data formats.

>> What I am checking is if there is currently a framework that transforms XML format
to other formats (involves XML parsing and XML creation) without using XSLT/DOM/JAXB and handles
like the framework mentioned earlier.