community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Adding roster of community-focused talks
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 14:57:52 GMT

On 06/05/2017 07:28 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> On Jun 4, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>>
>> Reminder: there are several related efforts - and tools - here.
>>

> Having one central place where all this is organized would help
> with that. For example, we promote http://community.apache.org/speakers/speakers.html
> in various locations, now we have another URL. We should really
> make it easier.

Big +1 to that.

I would like to repurpose the community.apache.org/speakers URL and
replace it with something that actually works.

Clarification: What is there "works" for many values of "works", but the
data from which it pulls is embarrassingly out of date. Ideally, we
would 1) promote the tool more aggressively to our internal audience and
2) make it waaaaaay easier to edit the data that drives the tool. For
the most part, the people that we *want* to be presenting content at
these events aren't necessarily the same people that get their jollies
editing FOAF files.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon